Please note, this event has expired.
The Modernistics are the acclaimed singing and tap-dancing team of Ted and Pamela Powers, with virtuoso jazz musicians Peter H. Bloom on flute, Mark Leighton on guitar, and Dave Zox on double-bass.
The renowned quintet will provide an exhilarating tour of the Great American Songbook with music by Irving Berlin, Harold Arlen, Dorothy Fields, Hoagy Carmichael, Duke Ellington, and other master tunesmiths. Crowd-pleasing songs and high-energy tap dance numbers will include Sunny Side of the Street, Paper Moon, Bye-Bye Blackbird, Georgia on My Mind, and It Don’t Mean A Thing If It Ain’t Got That Swing, plus sizzling bebop tunes by Dexter Gordon and Bud Powell.
$20 All Seats
10% Member Discount
Market Square, Newburyport, MA 01950
How to get to the Firehouse:
- Take I-95 to Exit 57 (Newburyport)
- Take Route 113 east to Green Street
- Turn left on Green Street and take it to the end
- Turn right on Merrimac Street
- The Firehouse will be on your left; the address: Market Square
- Parking is available in the waterfront lots on either side of the Firehouse. Parking is free after 8PM Monday-Saturday and after 6PM on Sunday.