PLEASE SUBMIT NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, JUNE 25 AT 5PM
Date: Sunday, June 27th, 2021
Location: Firehouse Center for the Arts
1 Market Square, Newburyport, MA 01950
Invited Callbacks will be Thursday, July 1st from 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Prior sign up for audition time slot required. Complete this audition form and use this link to provide your information. You will be contacted by the Firehouse Center for the Arts with your audition time within 2 business days of your submission. The deadline for submissions is Friday, June 25th by 5pm. If you have any questions or wish to audition but are unable to on that date please contact email@example.com
315 S Bradford Street
North Andover, MA
Director: Johnny Nichols, Jr.
Music Director: Justin Knowlton
Choreographer: Carli Hamilton
The Firehouse Center for the Arts (Newburyport, MA) is holding auditions for Godspell and looking for a diverse group of actors to cast.
Godspell was the first major musical theatre offering from three-time Grammy and Academy Award winner, Stephen Schwartz (Wicked, Pippin, Children of Eden), and it took the world by storm. A small group of people help Jesus Christ tell different parables by using a wide variety of games, storytelling techniques and hefty doses of comic timing. An eclectic blend of songs, ranging in style from pop to vaudeville, is employed as the story of Jesus’ life dances across the stage. Dissolving hauntingly into the Last Supper and the Crucifixion, Jesus’ messages of kindness, tolerance and love come vibrantly to life.
BIPOC actors are highly encouraged to audition**
- Actors are asked to prepare two (2) contrasting cuts in the style of the show. Audition repertoire can be from Godspell.
- Audition cuts should be 30 seconds or roughly 48 bars.
- You will need to provide sheet music for the audition accompanist that has your cuts clearly marked.
- Sheet music should be in a binder for the accompanist.
- You can sing a cappella should that be necessary.
- Sides (or scripts) can be found via this link and will need to be prepared for the audition. It is not necessary to memorize the side. You are welcome to choose any side to audition regardless of gender. Casting decisions will be similar.
- A dance call will be requested during callbacks.
Performances and Rehearsals:
- Auditions and rehearsals will be held at the Firehouse Theater, 1 Market Sq, Newburyport, Ma.
- Rehearsals will be every Tuesday & Thursday (6:15 -9:45) and Saturday & Sunday (2:00pm-6:00pm), starting July 6.
- Performances will be held at Smolak Farms, 315 S Bradford St, North Andover, Ma.
- Performance dates are August 13-15, 20-22, and 27-29 at 6:30pm.
Stipends are available
**The Firehouse Center for the Arts is an inclusive performing arts organization and are always eager to include any actors regardless of race, religion, creed, gender & gender identity, sexual orientation, or abilities – we create a space for quality art and meaningful inclusion.
Prior sign up for audition time slot required.