The original 1694 Hale House structure was built in 1694 for Rev. John Hale, the first minister of Beverly and an important figure in the Salem witchcraft trial. The Hales, and then their Bancroft descendants owned the property until 1937. At one point, the family owned 100 acres, including what is now Dane Street Beach. The current 1-acre property is used for recreation and outdoor performances. The house is open for tours seasonally.
39 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE
Street parking is available. Close to Beverly Depot on the commuter rail
General admission is $5 for adults, $4 for seniors and students, and free for children under 16. Guided tours are available for $8.
Admission is free for Historic Beverly members, Active-duty military, Blue Star families, and members of Massachusetts Teachers Association (MTA), NEMA, NARM, AASLH and AAM. Appropriate identification should be presented.
National Railway Historical Society members are entitled to half-price admission.
Historic Beverly is a member of the EBT Card to Culture program. We offer discounted admission to EBT card holders of $2 adult admission (up to 4 per visit). Historic Beverly does not process EBT transactions; cash or other payment must be provided for admission.
Skip to content