Video by Van Ness Creative
In 2017, ECCF embarked on the Creative County Initiative (CCI), in partnership with the Barr Foundation and many other arts funders across Essex County. This effort, over a 5-year period, will invest more than $2 Million in the arts, culture and creative sector.
CCI Phase 1: Pilot 2017-2019
During the first 2-year pilot phase, $750,000 was invested in four strategies:
- Granted more than $300,000 to collaborative partnerships, bringing to life 12 Public Art and Creative Placemaking projects across our region. Learn more.
- Convened 125 participants from 30 communities in support of cultural planning initiatives and mapping our critical cultural resources. Learn more.
- Gathered more than 700 attendees at the Essex County Arts & Culture Summit for meaningful discussion, workshops and networking to embolden the local arts sector. Learn more.
- Launched EssexCountyCreates.org, a regional online platform for artists and cultural organizations to enhance their visibility and share resources across the arts community. Learn more.
CCI Phase 2: Grow and Change 2020-2022
Beginning in 2020, a new 3-year expansion of Creative County will begin with an investment of $1.3 Million. This work will expand existing strategies and develop new efforts to help change the perception and value of arts and culture in our region.
Phase 2 Investment Areas:
- Collaborative Projects: Public art & Creative Placemaking grants
- Cultural Planning: Inclusive strategy-setting with municipal leaders
- Capacity Building: Knowledge and tools to help artists and arts organizations succeed
- Convenings: Arts and Culture Summit and Think Labs to incubate ideas
- Communications & Connectivity: Resources to amplify our work
Learn more about CCI’s work, Phase 2 goals and investment areas: